Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Not quite Walt Whitman....

I would like to think that I am an eloquent writer, but apparently when it comes to my husband, I get all mushy, gooshey, whooshey, vocabulary of a 5th grade, "Roses are Red", kinda brain waves. Eh, I'm in love. Here's my poem!

The food was laid out, the cake was stacked high,
I breathed shallow breaths with my father by my side.

The roses were red and the carnations were white,
The butterflies in my stomach had barely taken flight.

The piano was playing, the guests were all set,
My mind drifted to the first night that we met.

Who knew that we would ever see each other again,
It was all a part of Heavenly Father’s great plan.

We didn’t exchange numbers, but little did we know,
We’d see each other again within 2 months or so.

Another day, where I worked back then,
You called out my name, recognizing a friend.

We went out to eat and you dropped me off at home,
3 more months passed and neither one of us phoned.

Out of the blue we started to talk about all things,
You said “let’s get married…but I don’t have a ring.”

A little reserved I thought back on our past,
Ours is a love that will always last.

Without hesitation I told you yes,
Some say we were hasty but we knew it was for the best.

Marriage isn’t perfect, it’s love; patient and kind,
You learn to compromise, it’s takes learning and time.

Thank you for being my husband and making my dreams come true,
It’s been a wonderful two years, all because of you.

3 comments:

tonya said...

Awwww!
3 years today for David and I!
Oct 7...what an awesome day!!

Congrats! And I'll raise my Mr.Pibb and say a toast...here's to many more anniversary's, man will we boast! They make us laugh, never will we cry...they (sometimes) remember to put the seat down, our tushies must stay dry! And ya, that's as good as I get with the rhymes.
:)
Have a great 2nd Anniversary!!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary sis! Love you! I hope you and Carl have a great day!

Unknown said...

:) Sappy is good. Happy Anniversary!