Saturday, October 18, 2008

A peek* into my recipe box...

Since I’ve been at home, my mid-western roots have DEFINITELY kicked into high gear. I figure since I’m being a Homemaker now, I have a duty to fulfill which is a dinner that meets all 5 food groups complete with a dessert. I hope that this does not come off as a pessimistic vibe, because in all actuality, I adore being highly domesticated!

Photobucket


I again did some research on the top 25 Sloppy Joe recipes online and decided to do a little experiment concoction of my own, if I may say so myself, (You will just have to take my word for it since it was just Carl, me and Boscoe.) I would have to say that it was pretty darn tasty! So I wanted to share with you the recipe I created to make the Sloppiest, Sloppier, Sloppy Joe. (Sorta makes you think of that Adam Sandler song, doesn’t it? HA!)

Photobucket


Sloppiest, Sloppier, Sloppy Joe

Ingredients:
1 ½ lb of ground Beef (Leanest possible so you don’t have to drain)
1 chopped Onion
1 chopped Green Bell Pepper (Optional)
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Beef Boullion (Or 1 cube)
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp crushed Red Pepper (Again optional, we love spicy at our house)
1 - 16 oz can Diced Tomatoes
1 – 6 oz can Tomato Paste
½ cup Brown Sugar
1 cup water
1 Tbsp Mustard

Directions:
Brown and crumble ground Beef. Sautee chopped Onions (and Green Bell Pepper if desired) with Garlic Powder, Beef Boullion, Black Pepper and crushed Red Pepper. Let simmer 5 minutes to soak up flavors. Drain fat if desired and/or needed. Add Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, Brown Sugar, Water and Mustard. Bring to a Boil while stirring all ingredients until mixed well. Cook on low heat for at least 1 hour to soften meat and let ingredients fuse .

To top it off, we had Blueberry Bread and Banana Pudding Ice Cream for dessert!

Photobucket


As Rachel Ray says, YUM-O! (I ♥ her!)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love it! I must make this :)