Friday, October 31, 2008

You are all so crafty!

Now that I'm home, I have been busy unpacking things and finding appropriate places. I went to bed last night with decorating dilemma and wanted to see what you geniuses thought. Watching your creativity’s in your blogs just makes me dazzled with the possibilities!


I have a picture of my formal living room. It is of the bookshelves and the TV.

Photobucket



However, the problem enlies with the soaring vaulted ceiling wall above it. See!

Photobucket


WHAT, do I do with THIS? I was thinking tapestries, but that makes me feel old. I was thinking plate wall (Thank you Kim for you post!) but our furniture has a more "English Study" feel to it. We LOVE rich dark wood and our chocolate leather couches.

Adjacent we have a fireplace with 2 tall windows.

Photobucket


This is what we have so far but again, we have a wall and windows needing some love.

Photobucket


Thank you in advance!


3 comments:

Thaomee said...

What about painting the wall? Make it an accent wall or make it look like there's texture in the wall through the painting. As for the windows, I thought it would look nice with tall hanging curtains with the rod at the highest windows.

tonya said...

I agree with painting the tv wall an accent color. A rich warm butterscotch or rustic orange even would be gorgeous. The window wall needs something substantial over the fireplace. Then I would consider looooong sheers curtains that pool at the floor, the sheers could be in that rich chocolate brown color. Let us know what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

With a wall that big consider going to a fabric store and picking out heavier type fabric with contemporary designs and colors schemes and stretching it over wooden frames making large panels of color, texture and design.