Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Experimental Kitchen

After having a long and drawn out conversation with Lisa in regards to the leftover can of pumpkin I had, I decided to take the leftover pumpkin into my own hands!

Sue told me about a WW recipe that Lindsay told her about for muffins. Now, why couldn't I do that with a vanilla cake? So I looked up vanilla cake mix and pumpkin online. Lot's of renditions but I ended up just mixing the two ingredients together and making a brown sugar glaze... I have to say, not beng a pumpkin fan, it was the most moist, delicious cake I have ever had in my life! I'm still eatig it. We had it for dessert last night and I'm eating another piece for lunch, preceeding the piece I had for breakfast. Hope you try it and like it!


Photobucket


Glazed Pumpkin Cake

Ingredients:
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
1 28 oz Can of Pumpkin Pie Filling

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together in a bowl until well blended. Lightly grease pan with margarine or butter. Spread mixture into pan evenly. Cake will rise 1/4 inch. Bake for approxiamately 1 hour. Spread a thin layer of glaze over cake and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving so the glaze can set. See glaze recipe below.

Brown Sugar Glaze

Ingredients:
1 TBSP of Butter or Margarine
1/4 cup Brown Sugar

Directions:

Melt butter or margarine in pan. Add sugar. Mix well and bring to a rolling boil. Take off heat and wait 2 minutes before spreading on cake. (Also good for pancakes if you run out of syrup!)

1 comment:

Laura said...

This looks really good...but I LOVE pumpkin stuff, especially this time of year. I will certainly have to try it out. I've got a whole tub of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies right now.