Sunday, October 12, 2008

!En Mexico Nuevo, dece Muy Delicioso!

Yesterday Jill come over for lunch, on Le Menu we had an Asian Salad, made by, you guessed it, an Asian! LOL. Here is a picture of said salad.


Photobucket



I thought it made a really pretty picture, so I wanted to share it with everyone. It was awfully tasty, so, "I miss you salad!" LOL.

Carl, Alex and Jordan are in Oklahoma working until tonight (I MISS YOU!!!) and I’m pretty bored. I have been taking Boscoe for long walks and he is REALLY tuckered out on the couch. He’s even snoring, must be a good dream cause he’s snuggled next to his teddy bear and a feather pillow. He’s so spoiled.

Carl did get a job offer to work in Houston but it’s a temporary, 3 month, all hands on deck project. It’s a rebuild for an oil company but he thinks that it will be a good idea to stay with Higdon. Whatever the outcome, I’ll keep everyone posted, we just decided that one way or another, we’ll get the answer if we pray about it.

I went to a karaoke* bar with Jill last night. Since I don’t drink or smoke, I had to have something to keep my interest there. We met a lot of people, I just gotta say, I love Texans. They really are very friendly people. Some Texans can be rather arrogant when they are visiting neighboring states (ex. OK, NM, KS) and they seem to come across as so because they’re loud and proud of where they’re from! I think it’s alright now that I live here, and look back on incidents I either witnessed or have heard horror stories of. I also very much enjoy Texas and the majority of the folks are great southern people who are quick to hold the door for you, even if it will slow them up 5 seconds. Plus, you know it’s a good sign when you walk your cow (Boscoe is now a whopping 75 pounds now!) and people always nod or say hello. I even got to use a touch of my muy piquito espanol with Jorge from Peru that Jill talked with about Salsa and Marranga (I DON'T know how to spell that.)

That’s the small town country girl, living near a big city life I love!

I do miss my girlfriends in NM and KS, and PLEASE don’t get me started on how much sleep I lose at night without my knight with shiny curling iron near by, I am in desperate need of root touch-up….So far, nothing bad to report on the Texas home front. I’m too lucky to be blessed with the life I live.

*Karaoke is unfortunately still my favorite, next to the seasonal dependency on Tetris.

No comments: