Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hooray! Cross another off the list!

YAY!!! After all the Half of 72 times and Half of 72...again... We have broken ground and I am able to successfully cross off #72 on my 101 in 1001! I read the book by James Frey, My Friend Leonard.



Saturday, Sept 4, 2008 was a great day to lay around under the semi-blown over pine tree in my backyard. I had my swim suit on to catch some rays, a blanket spread out and a good old dog to lay on.

Now the book, the book all in all was fascinating. There were a lot of curse words in it, but that portrays the recovering drug and acohol addict that is our first person narritive character. Interestingly enough the character is also the name of our Author James Frey. If you are able to look over the curse words you will find an intriguing story of a man who overcomes his addictions and takes you on a vicarious ride!

"Frey achieves another stylistic coup... This book packs a full-body emotional wallop. The inside of county lock-up; the flat, gray Chicago winter; an out-of-control Super Bowl party in Los Angeles; the grind of living day to day -- all come alive in his sparse, powerful prose. At its core this is an examination of a friendship. Frey's extraordinary relationship with Leonard is alive, a flesh-and-blood bond forged in the agony of rehab and sustained through honesty and trust."

- Publishers Weekly (starred review)


We are now on our way back to McKinney from Spring now. We should be there in about 3hours. I am kicking myself because I just realized that I left our wedding pictures at the house. However, It might be just as cool to order a wedding book online since all my pictures are on my laptop anyway. It even be cheaper after the materials re said and done. Is that cheating?

Photobucket

I couldn't take a picture of myself under a tree so I put a picture of Boscoe under the pine.


No comments: