Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ho Hum, Ta dum, La Rum...

I am sitting on the couch reminiscing of the past week. What a wonderful past few days!

We drove into Kansas on Christmas Eve. It was Brrrrrr-REEZING! Boscoe was happy to be home. We had delicious smells swirl under our noses as we trudged up the driveway. Chinese 5 Spice Turkey will make your taste buds crazy! Dad had been cooking all day and yielded Turkey, Sautéed Cabbage, Jasmine Rice, Chili, Salsa, Eggs with Soy Sauce, Tortilla chips, Stir Fried Turkey...and the list goes on!

Christmas morning I was up to prepare a Christmas breakfast for everyone but my dad beat me to it! He was awake a 5:30 a.m. making Kow Peik Sen. (We have different traditions at our house but we roll with Dad's punches at his house.) We ate and recapped our lives since the last time we were together. We watched a lot of funny videos of William and waited for Kim to come over to open gifts. Wonderful thought felt gifts that had been carefully selected. It was such a fun evening. We finished it off by driving through the Isle of Lights in Winfield. There have been a lot of additions since 2006 (The last time I drove through there.) The best part was seeing a dedication sign for Misha Davis. She was my best friend in High School. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I miss you so much my friend. I can't wait to see you again!

December 26th was a fun time spent with my mom. We went to her house where she greeted us with her own Pho divinity. Being at mom's house always means mouth-watering foods. We exchanged gifts and went to do some shopping. We visited one of her favorite Vietnamese Jewelry Stores where she tried to convince Carl I needed a 3-carat diamond. Not needed, sinfully coveted... we simply walked away and thought about what we would do if we had the 5 thousand dollars the ring was being sold for! We ventured to 2 Asian Markets where Ranee stocked up on, otherwise known as, "exotic" foods in the middle of Wyoming. I told her to move to Texas already cause the wild sheep are tired of looking at her. Ha! Hopefully my sister will be able to come visit soon.

On Saturday we stopped by Sue and Den's to see Lisa and Vay. Vay likes me much better on the telephone. She's so big and cuddly and cute! Sorry the visit was so short sis! It sure was good to give you a hug at least!

Sunday was a great day at Church as usual. Sacrament was full of great speakers, Sunday school is always a blast and the lessons in Relief Society were terrific!

Monday I went in to take an aptitude test for the job I interviewed the last week and it was so difficult! It had all of these fractions and math silliness that I prefer not to indulge in on any other normal day. The gal told me that Matt (CEO) preferred to call me and speak to me personally. That made me nervous because of the test but I spoke to him at 8:00 p.m. after he flew into town and he offered me the job! You are now visiting the blog of the Admin. Assist. for Residential Leasing and Management. Guess what? I LOVE IT.

Tuesday was my first day and I loved it from the get go. The girls are super nice and Matt's awesome. His wife also pops into the office once a week and she is pretty great too. It's going to be a lot of fun! Busy but not extremely high pressure.

Wednesday night we had a New Year's Eve party. It was so much fun! It never fails to amaze me; we know a fabulous group of people here that we call friends! Here are some photos. You can see the kids loved the toy room and how happy we all are to be together! (Mary Jane, You'll have to email me the pictures you took too :)



P.S. You'll never guess how much the party cost! Granted, everyone brought a little some'in some'in, so that helped me a lot! 15 adults, 6 kids and 3 babies total 24 people. Grand total for party: $26.08!

Menu:
20 pounds Chicken with Rose's Secret Barbecue Sauce
10 pounds Baked Poatoes 6 pounds real Bacon bits (Thank you for Guajardo's Sour Cream & Zmolick's plethora of Cheddar Cheese)
4 pounds Pasta Salad
1 jar El Pinto's Hot Salsa (On sale at Brookeshire Brother's for ONE DOLLAR! Chips compliments of Guajardo Family)
1 Baked Bean Layer Dip
1 Three layered Vanilla Cake with Milk Chocolate Frosting and Caramel Drizzle
2 Dozen Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 Dozen Fudge Brownies (Yummy Yum! Thanks MJ and Bryan!)

It was a huge success and lots of fun. The award for being "Addicted to Parties" goes to Josh! If it weren't for him and Xan's food storage, we might not have been able to afford the party! LOL.

The kids had a rousing game of hide'n'seek, we all lit fireworks and twirled sparklers. The more daring and/or talented sang the night away with karaoke. What a fun night!

I hope everyone's New Year was as wonderful as ours was. We're only sad to have missed our families and our friends who couldn't be here. We missed you and love you lots!

2009 Pictures, Images and Photos


Thursday we had the day off. I have been extremely happy for Sundays since I get to sleep in until 7:00 a.m. yesterday I slept until 8:00 a.m.! It was so nice! Church is switching to 10:30 a.m. for Sacrament so maybe we can stay up a little latr on Saturdays now. I'll let you know how that goes.

The cleaning was calling my name so I put on my fuzzy slippers and out came the Rosie.

Josh and Xan came over and thy helped with the cleaning festivities. Josh vacuumed and Xan helped me to do some dishes.

While the boys went off to find an adventure, we started to bead a gift for our friend Allison’s Birthday. It turned out Carl and Josh jetted of to Frisbee Golf. Carl doesn't have any discs so he borrowed Matt Hong's. (Thanks Matt!)

I forgot to take picture of the goodies we made for Alison but here is necklace I came up with:

Photobucket


So sorry my neck is wrinkly and old looking, they say to always moisturize before modeling jewelry. Ah, well.





2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my!! Sounds like you had a busy past week...but full of great times with friends and family!

Thanks for sharing :) Great pictures!
Happy 2009!

Kelly said...

Thanks so much for having us over! We had a great time!! I am a sucker for entertaining so I think we will be great friends!!