Sunday, December 14, 2008

More then you ever wanted to know...

Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday I was trying to figure out how eBlogger worked. Now it's my 101st post! Technically, it's my 100th but I felt as if the Elf Yourself video deserved it's own. If you have not Elfed yourself; I highly recommend it! Who knew you could really move and shake it like that? Ha ha.

Following in my sister-in-law’s blog-tastical shoes...I will post 101 random things you may not know about me to commemorate this day.

1. I was the youngest Miss Laos Kansas to have won the Laos New Year Pageant. (At the tender age of 13.)
2. Carl and I were engaged before we even admitted to being boyfriend/girlfriend.
3. We were married in 23 days.
4. I am an expert knot-tak-er-a-part-er. When I was busy being a pain in church, at an early age, my dad tied a shoelace into bountiful knots and made me concentrate on untying them.
5. I love to read.
6. I was on a Pizza Hut commercial that was aired at the movie theatres in Winfield, KS. In 2000-2001.
7. I was interviewed for a chapter in the book Moving Stories, Telling Places. My story was published in a book about Cowley County in Kansas. Mainly I was portrayed like an air head by the writers because I was one back then. (Ha!)
8. New and shiny things make me extremely happy.
9. I am a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
10. I’m not perfect but I know the Gospel is.
11. I have a subscription to “This Old House”.
12. My favorite R&B song is the McDonald’s McNugget Commercial.
13. I was sustained and set apart to be the Relief Society Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment Leader today. (I AM SO EXCITED!!!)
14. I like to create my own recipes of dinner favorites.
15. Once I get dressed for the day, I seldom change. (Example. If I’m at work in business attire, I rarely change into any thing else other than pj’s when I get home.)
16. I want to be an Optometrist when I grow up.
17. I have 2 sisters. 1 half brother and 5 adopted brothers and sisters.
18. I did not know my paternal grandparent’s names until this year. My maternal grandparent’s names are still a mystery.
19. I fit into a child’s booster seat until I was 21.
20. Rosemarie is my first name; not my first and middle. Rosemarie Lynne is my first and middle name.
21. Sengmany was the surname my father chose when we came to America.
22. Wolverine is my favorite comic book character.
23. I used to collect baseball cards when I was in 5th grade.
24. I was placed in an advanced Algebra class when I was in 3rd grade. I almost failed Algebra in 6th grade.
25. I wrote an Editorial for the Winfield Courier in 6th grade.
26. I was the first Laotian baby born in Winfield, Ks.
27. Monopoly is my favorite Board game. I used to have 3 day marathons with Amy starting on Friday afternoons until Sunday night.
28. I have been to Asia and Europe.
29. I prefer text messages over voicemails, snail mail over email and email over faxes.
30. I want a billion children!
31. Carl and I plan to adopt a child.
32. Pink and Green are my favorite colors.
33. I was able to check myself in and out of school by the age of 13 without parent consent.
34. My first job was a secretary’s assistant in 6th grade.
35. The first time I learned to drive a standard, my dad had me drive 50 miles from Wichita to Winfield. I was 14. (Through 4 cities. TERRIFYING!)
36. I wrecked my first car when I was 16 on Martin Luther King Jr. day.
37. I love Baseball.
38. I don’t understand football. AT ALL. I cheered once on accident at a football game when the “other” team scored a touch down because I didn’t realize the teams switched goals at half time.
39. I always give my trust completely when I meet someone new.
40. I rarely eat dessert or sweets but I make them every meal.
41. I played the clarinet in Middle School.
42. I weight lifted in high school and maxed out at 350 pounds free squat. 455 pounds box squat.
43. I was the StuCo president in 7th grade.
44. I was the DECA Co-President in High School.
45. I like to put up dry wall.
45. Wrapping presents is my favorite craft.
46. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
47. I love to plan weddings.
48. I was Mother Nature in the 5th grade play.
49. My first school memory is playing on the teeter totter with Darcie Moore in Kindergarten.
50. I own roughly 75 purses.
51. I own over 100 pair of shoes. 3 are tennis shoes, 3 are flats and 10 flip flops. The rest are heels.
52. I couldn’t live without my cell phone. It does everything. Email, navigation, text, pictures, videos…ect.
53. I believe Verizon is the best cell phone network available. (Even though I worked at Sprint for 6 months.)
54. My dream car is a Mercedes SLR McLaren - Roadster Convertible
55. I eat crushed red pepper or ground cayenne at every meal.
56. Sleeping until 7:00 a.m. is “sleeping in” for us.
57. I was kicked out of Tennis class on the first day when I was 8.
58. I talk too much.
59. I get extremely sad about “famous people”. I mean, come on… They make HOW MUCH MONEY?
60. I don’t like to swim. AT ALL. But I want a swimming pool. Or a pond. Any body of water in my backyard. So long as I don’t have to go in it.
61. I love having my feet touched. Lucky for me, my dog loves feet and I do too.
62. In 6th grade I made a pact with Amy that we would never eat anything green. Sorry Ames, I broke that pact about 6 days later.
63. I sleep with an eye mask. I never thought they worked until my sister bought me one this year.
64. I have a great memory. Dates and times are easy for me to remember.
65. I went to community college my junior and senior year. I started at Emporia State University but do not have a degree.
66. I am terrified to go back to school.
67. I love being outdoors but I am not particularly fond of the sun. I prefer cloudy, slightly overcast or just plain cold.
68. I used to Tat doilies (Like when I was 10) but forgot how to now.
69. I put on make-up everyday. Foundation and lippie (gloss or stick) are mandatory. Eyes are usually required but sometimes is as simple as liner.
70. I wish I wasn’t so dependent on make up but I sort of like being such a girl.
71. I played basketball and was sad to be the shortest girl on the team because I was great at boxing people out with my bubble butt but horrible at dribbling the ball down the court.
72. I wanted to be Miss America when I was a young girl. I also wanted to be a race car driver. It was always one extreme or another.
73. I tore down the garage in our backyard with my dad’s pick up truck when I was 3, with my dad in it. It was an accident.
74. I can speak Laos but cannot write the language.
75. I can speak a little French and Spanish.
76. I’m trying to see if I can take the Hunger Challenge. It’s where you spend $1 dollar or less per meal per person. I think it would be a lot easier if there were more than two of us. I’ll post the more successful recipes here.
77. I am trying to vacuum less. Monday, Wednesday, Friday’s are my days. Once in the afternoon.
78. I love to host themed dinner parties and dress up!
79. I own a Karaoke Machine and frequently take breaks during the day to sing a song.
80. I love the Goodwill. I donate and have been known to buy my own things back… I guess it’s a good thing!
81. I’ve always wanted a blonde haired/Blue eyed child.
82. I’m narcissistic that I feel ashamed of it sometimes. However I much rather love myself and everything about me than to be sad about who I am and have low self esteem.
83. I try to bring people up everyday.
84. I can also be seriously sassy and get my point across point blank.
85. I have been in the Ataris’ tour bus. My friend dated the lead singer.
86. I desperately want to be apart of the studio audience at Good Day Houston.
87. I own 15 pairs of black slacks.
88. The first movie I remember seeing in the theatres is My Girl.
89. My first celebrity crush was Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
90. I worked at Pizza Hut for 5 years.
91. I have worked for 13 years.
92. I prefer Dinty Moore Soups over any other.
93. I buy Christmas Gifts throughout the entire year.
94. Clowns scare me.
95. I love to cross stitch.
96. I research at least one recipe online everyday.
97. I believe in love at first sight.
98. Hazel eyes are my favorite and I’m pretty lucky Carl has them.
99. I’m so happy I married Carl!
100. I am severly addicted to blogging!
101. I love reading your blogs!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You'll be a great enrichment leader!