Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Price Check!

It (Was 6:09 a.m. when I started this post...) and you would not believe it’s December if you were in Texas!

East Texas sunrise Pictures, Images and Photos

(Yes, we still have lots of green, green leaves on the trees. Thank you to those of you who post such wonderful leathery orange and red leaves on your blogs for me!)

The past few days I have woken up at 5:30 a.m. and have had to put on a long fleece robe before venturing out of a warm bed… Imagine my surprise when I got up and didn’t feel Brrrrrrrr…. The weather channel reports that it is currently 68 degrees today, from 38 degrees yesterday!

I had forgotten to publish a post about H~E~B LOVE. H~E~B is a grocery store about 0.67 miles from my house. It is my new FAVORITE grocery store. In case you’re curios: Here~Everything’s~Better. Isn’t that absolutely adorable? As I looked through the grocery store mailers, H~E~B was the price guru!

I had bought a slew of things from Target and Wal-Mart already but look at everything I got for 30 bucks at H~E~B! That is a 15 pound turkey!!! Turkey’s were going for 1.79/lb (Highest) and 0.79/lb (Lowest next to H~E~B). I was able to get our turkey at 0.29/lb with a 20.00 purchase.

Photobucket

15 pound Turkey, Quick Oats, Frozen Pumpkin Pie, 3 pounds Bacon, 5 pounds Self-Rising Flour, Cornstarch, 2 cans Green Beans, Evaporated Milk, Sweetened and Condensed Milk, 4 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 cans Diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 pound bag frozen Brocolli, 2 – 8 ounce boxes of Frozen Spinach, Marshmallows, Milk Chocolate Chips, and 1 pound of Lard.

Milk: 2.99/gallon for whole milk.

Gasoline Here: 1.54
National Low: 1.09
National High: 3.61

How are prices in your area?


*******************************************************
P.S. Tamale production will be on hold until the holidays are over. Most families here have made enough to last for a few months and they also give Tamales away as gifts.

No need to fret! 'Dim Sum de Me' has received requests for Egg Rolls and Spring Rolls. Good thing Carl's co-workers love to eat, otherwise I was going to be out of a job. LOL!

Photobucket

12 Egg Rolls with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce for $10.00

Photobucket

2 Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce for $3.00

No comments: