Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ok, so there I was...

What a wonderful super fabulous kind of day!

Since Texas is playing Green Bay: Carl is inevitably glued to the couch and a TV screen. That gives me time for my self-indulgence.

Blogging.


I sometimes wonder if my need to scribe in this electronic diary will subside when I have children. By lurking into the depths of my blog list, I see that my passion may increase with my need to keep my family’s daily proceedings in a memoir as well. Regardless, I look forward to looking back next year to see what my life was like in 2008!

As I sat in Sacrament meeting today, I started to think about the number one question I have been answering within the last few months. “What brought you to Spring, Tx?” Truthfully, Carl and I came here on a whim. I was asked this question last night when we went to a potluck at a friend’s house and well… You would think that we would have come up with a better answer by now. However, we have never really had an answer. Carl does work for Valero down in the ship channel of Texas but we didn’t know for certain that he would be working there. He was with Jacobs when he first came down here in July and went to Higdon after that. Higdon took him to Dallas for a few months before we came back here so he could work for Valero! We don’t have any of our biological family here nor did we know of any close friends that lived here when we decided to buy this house. WE DIDN’T HAVE A GENUINE ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION; until today.

I listened to testimonies. I looked at the faces of the women and families I have become close to in a matter of ONE week. I am remembering more names than I would believe I could ever remember. I realized today that the reason we moved to Spring, Texas is because Heavenly Father wants us to be here. I can’t explain it. I just know that when I knew the answer that came to me; there was no doubt in my mind.

I have been in a lot of wards considering my short time as a member of the Church after baptism. I have not been to one that has made me feel so loved and welcomed so genuinely!

As I sat with my new friend MJ last night, we got onto the subject of blogging. How wonderful to find out that lots of the women have blogs! Not very many people I knew in NM blogged! I just can’t express how blessed I feel!

Goarsch. (Ya know, the sound Goofy from Disney says it.) When I thought life couldn’t get much better… The prince, the stead, the castle… I got the Kingdom too.

Thank you Father. I love you!

I just feel so happy.

3 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Ah, how sweet. And, Rose, I must say- we really do have The best ward in Texas- and seriously- we all just really genuinely love each other- what a blessing. And, more importantly, I am sooooo glad that you have joined us! I just love you allready!

Laura said...

What a blessing!! I am so happy that you found such an amazing group to join. They sound wonderful :)

God is so good, and he certainly does have a plan for you in Spring, TX.

p.s. Justin was so upset after the GB vs. TX game ;( It wasn't on tv here though, so we had to watch it on the computer.

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you have felt so welcome! Also, super excited that you are a blog addict as well AND even more excited that you are now a part of our ward family! Who needs biological family around when you've got Spring Ward Family?? :)