Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thank you Martha!

Martha Brockenbrough that is! I saw this on MSN and I just had to shout out loud… ”Amen, sister!” It’s not that I have great grammar. In fact: It’s rather lousy and I can publicly admit that I perceive to know more than I let on. I also goof more than not-goof, obvious proof that I should proof-read more often. Humpffff. If you what like to see the epitome of “Ruffle Rose’s Feathers.” Clink here and grammar-On with your bad self!

Sooooo…. Paraphernalia. It’s one of my most favoritest (see what I mean? I make crap up all the time..LOL) words. The story of Visit Teaching Paraphernalia…

I have never had a Visit Teaching Companion and I have also never Visit Taught before. I’m a little scared. I talked to Bonnie yesterday and told her that she would need to share her wisdom with me. She promised to share her knowledge if I would share my cookies. Ha ha. It’s a give and take relationship. We’re going to have so much fun! One thing that I remember about my Visiting Teachers from NM is that they always brought a little something. Nothing big and nothing expensive but something small and meaningful that brought much happiness to my day. I would like to mirror my wonderful mentors and take a little happiness when we go visit our sister. Her name starts with an L…

After much doodling, I was happy with the “L” ornament.

Photobucket


Excuse my paper bag. It’s wrinkled. The crease lines are prominent. It’s also stuffed full of homamade cereal bars, s'more's snack bars, Pumpkin Drop Cookies and a Dino Cookie for her little one, therefore bulging at the seams. I’m OK with that. Nothing says sisterhood like red sheer ribbon with pink fuzzy-sparkly fur detailing. I hope she likes it!

Photobucket


We had company over for dinner last night. THE VERY FIRST!!! Xan and Josh invited us to their house for a pot luck last week and we wanted to return the favor! It is the beginning of a wonderful friendship and a weekly ritual (we hope) to have all the families from Church come over. (At different times until we have more seating. Hehe!) I should have taken some pictures but I forgot. Carl and I were talking after they went home and he said, " I just want everyone to know we have an open door policy for our friends. People should always feel like they have a place to go."
Photobucket

I thought that was sooo sweet. I just had to share that sensitive side to Carl. With that being said, let me know when ya wanna come over for dinner! We're ready to have ya!

I hope y'all are having as good of a day as I am. If you're not, "Smile, I love you!"

No comments: