Friday, December 5, 2008

Life goes by so slowly....

At least that’s what the verse says in “Unchained Melody”.

I have been insanely busy and kept thinking I had nothing to blog about. That is until I start cleaning out the memory card in my cell phone. It’s all coming back to me now! BONUS: Kim sent me some really funny pictures from NASA that I have to share.

OH and then I found a picture of a really great meal we had last week. Some of you might have received a text message on it because it was super easy to make, Head Chef delicious and well, simply cheap to prepare! We’ll call it Frugal-licious. Or NOT…

Photobucket

Chilosh

Ingredients:
1 – 10oz can of Diced Tomatoes (We use the kind with green chiles) (50 cents)
1 – 15.50z can of Dark Red Kidney Beans (57 cents)
1 ½ cup of Macaroni Noodles (25 cents)
4 TBSP of Italian Dressing (35 cents)

Directions:
Boil water in a large pot. Add Italian dressing, Tomatoes and Kidney Beans (Drained) in a saucepan and cook “sauce” on medium heat until noodles are ready (that you usethe large pot of water for). Very important not to rinse your noodles when they are cooked and strained, this way the sauce will stick on the noodles and fill with the Italian Tomato Sauce. Pour noodles into a serving dish or divide onto individual plates/bowls. Top with sauce and serve immediately. This made 9 cups prepared.

Carl and I each had 4 cups a piece and I had a nice breakfast come morning time! We were also full to the brim (skipping desert!) at the low cost of $1.67 total. (0.185 cents per cup!)

NASA FUN!

Kim and the Yod-ster

Photobucket

Apbun and an alien gal

Photobucket

Dad and Apbun. I don't think they were ready.

Photobucket

Life Size Space Ship Model

Photobucket

Life Size Space Ship Model with us under there

Photobucket

Life Size Lunar Landing Diorama (I LOVE DIORAMAS!)

Photobucket

Kim’s Star Wars Angels Pose

Photobucket

Carl, “Up, up and AWAY!”.

Photobucket


I’m not sure if this commercial is airing nation wide…but if it is not, this is one of the reason’s why I love living in (a suburb of) the 4th largest city in the nation! Just hear me out and give it a listen. It’s catchy and really funny!



Hahaha. I sometimes sing this song to Carl. He just laughs at me.

BTW… We haven’t put any new pics up of our little guy.

He’s getting ready for bed time. Since he can’t sleep on the bed, he likes to sleep on the matching sham…

Photobucket

Ohhhhh. and P.S. You really don't have to read much further if you rather, I just think it will be great to look back one day and know where I was and what I was doing on particular days so I'm going to write aout my CRAZY Thursday :)

Thursday, December 4, 2008

5:00 am - Wake up, pack Carl's Lunch, Do dishes.
6:00 am - Shower and get ready for th day
7:00 am - Take picture of my fabulous haircut and sing Johnny's praises
8:00 am - Go to HEB grocery store
9:00 am - get a call from the security alarm company to get home and meet and officer because the alarm has been tripped. Meet Constable and he tells me that Boscoe may have tripped the alarm. The front door was open but any burglar might have done what he did. Open door, walk in, see Boscoe, walk out. Haha.
9:30 am - Head towards Church building to help set up for Relief Society Progressive Dinner
12:30 pm - Go to Asia Market to buy egg roll and spring roll shells. Indulge in a Yeo's Soy Milk. Ohhhh yes.
2:00 pm - Start Nuer Toon (Thai Slow Cooked Beef Stew) for Carl. Make Egg Roll Filling. Pull out egg roll wrappers to thaw at room temp for 30 minutes. Make 15 cups of rice. Make checklist. Pack giant plastic tub with Karaoke Machine (Speaker and Mic for announcing), 3 power strips, 1 extension cord, Scriptures, Purse, serving utensils. Get Phone call from Carrie. She asked me to go to Sister Pitts' house to pick up dip before going back to Church to finish decorating.
3:00 pm - Let Boscoe wreck havoc in the backyard. Pack rice in warmer, put in plastic container. Wrap Egg Rolls. Do Dishes. Fix hair, apply lipgloss and text Carl directions on how to eat dinner. LOL.
4:00 pm - Head across town to pick up dip. Re-arrange car. Call Carrie because I don't know if Aldine Westfield cuts to I45 South and ont frontage road or if I would be forced onto Hardy Toll Road (Without any cash...)
4:45 pm - Get to church. Set up Christmas Tree. Plug in all twinkle lights in the Gymnasium. Set up "sound system". Turn off overhead lights. Re-arrange chairs in Primary room. Set up Nativity Scenes on tables.
6:30 pm - Relief Society goes outside for carols around a bon fire and appetizers. Clean up Fire pit area.
7:00 pm - Serve Dinner.
7:30 pm - Eat with the rest of the girls.
8:00 pm - Start to clean Gym. Go to Primary Room and join R.S. to hear about the greatest gift of te Season. The gift we can give to Him this year. (Very good talk)
9:00 pm - Dessert
9:15 pm - Clean EVERYTHING up.
11:30 pm - Fall a sleep mid-sentence while talking to Carl...

Whew! Next week is the Ward Christmas Party. Man! We should have just kept the twinkle lights up!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your detailed description of the day. It was such a crazy one, and I didn't even make eggrolls or go to the Asian market! Here's hoping the ward party isn't as CRAZY and exhausting. :) And thanks again for so much help at the last minute - you are incredible!