Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let it snow...Let it snow...

You may be thinking to yourself, "Rose, Rose, oh my silly little Rosie. You’re in Texas and it was 77 degrees yesterday…"

With that in mind…. I am ecstatic to report that IT SNOWED TODAY!!!

Photobucket


It’s starting to feel a little more like December around here!

30 degrees and little snow flurries sent Carl home! He stayed nice and warm bundled up with BOSCOE! Hahaha. If you thought I was going to say ME; I’ll tell you, I was in the kitchen. LOL.

Photobucket


I made some Beef Jerky and sent it to work with Carl on Monday for lunch with sticky rice. I have had steady orders since! We have several kinds available at $5.00 a package. What do you think of the names?

~ Sassy Sweet Belle (Brown Sugar Sweet n’ Jalapeno Spicy)
~ Streets of Thailand (Original Thai Flavor)
~ Thai Hot (5 Pepper: Habenero, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Black and White Peppers)
~ Astronaut Fajitas (Lemon Pepper)

Beef Jerky is so easy to make and a guilty pleasure I enjoy to munch on! In this adventure we all win!

Right after my glorious post Sunday night, I sadly report that the little block box behind our fridge went out. OH! The sheer panic I felt that I would lose everything in the freezer! I text a few people hoping they might know someone, anyone that they might have a friend of a friend’s sister’s aunt’s uncle’s grandfather had a fridge, to no avail. Beth did tell me that if I kept the doors closed than everything would be good for 2 hours. That settled my nerves! We found a refrigerator on Craigslist for 150.00. We offered 100.00 and we settled at 125.00 on either side of the bartering field. It’s a 1990’s model. Older White side-by-side but it will serve its purpose until we can get the replacement compressor part. I just despise the thought of having to buy another stainless steel fridge or a black one. They’re so stinkin’ expensive! I may just put canned goods in there until that part comes in. At least it’s extra storage!

The rest of the week has been dedicated to cleaning, cooking and dabbling in some Czech Seed Beads. I’ve been too busy wrapping beads around my little fingers to snap photos so hopefully I will be able to post some tomorrow!

(P.S. Tanya, I made some jewelry that would have been super fab on your gorgeous girl for her dance! HTML is not allowed on comments so I will post that set tomorrow too!)

No comments: