Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I don't think they make a box big enough...

If there was a box big enough, could you wrap that for me?

Most of you know how I think without end. It's most like the Lamb Chops song, incessant...Ya know, "This is the song that never ends....Yes it goes on and on my friends..." My brain waves resemble a pattern Superman, hopped up on a boat load of caffeine, would leave in the sky. It definitely keeps everyday life interesting!

Today, I have a job interview. It is for a Real Estate Administrative position. I'm a little bit nervous and a little bit excited! (A feeling that I wish could be packaged as part of "gift".)I have so much energy and no children to run after! That's a lot of biscuits!

Example:

I have been experimenting with my extreme frugal side. Yesterday, I got a smokin' hot deal on Pork Butt Roast at H-E-B. $0.67/pound! Yeah. AMAZING (love that store!)

Once the little porker was in my happy little hands, paid for and totally mine, we went home to visit the little house on the prairie side of Rose. (I would have felt extra special if we were on the ranch in Wyoming. No central heat, wood burning stove and enough power to use 2 juice savvy modern things. Two outlets or 1 light bulb, one outlet. 1 light bulb and the microwave could be on at a time... More on that later.)

I cut away the meat from the bone. It yielded, beautifully:
1 - 0.9/lb of Pork Fat
1 - 3.0/lb Roast with Bone
1 - 1.0/lb Boneless Roast Sliced
2 - 1.0/lb Boneless Roast(s)
2 - 2.0/lb Boneless Roast(s)

With this I will boil the Bone-In Roast for Stock and use the meat for Pork Roast and Sauerkraut (This is what I did last week and it was scrum-di-li-umptious!) I bagged and froze the 4 Boneless Roasts. Sliced Pork is marinating in Chinese Barbeque Spice. I cooked the Pork Fat in cubes for Chicharonnes (Pork Rinds)in an oil-free Fry Daddy which rendered the purest Lard after straining! I then baked homemade dinner rolls with the lard...OH MAN! The only part I will throw out is the Bone. THAT is pioneering to the fullest and you know what? It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again! (That would have to be part 2 of the Christmas gift, if I could box that up.)

We have been limbo-ing the idea of going to Kansas to spend my dad's last Christmas in the State's with him. After much thought, we have indeed decided to go. (Chaulk that up to number 3 please.)

Jordan is coming down from Dallas to stay with Boscoe while we are away. That means I get to feed him and his friend from Ohio tonight. I love a giant food spread! That means I get to cook it up extra special! (Say it with me: FOUR.)

Life is so great. I have so much to be thankful for. The blessings can really add up!

5. Health
6. Love
7. Roof over my head
8. Clothes on my back
9. Means to support my family
10. LIFE

Ok. That's not all but it's enough for today.

OH we also recieved a beautiful gift in the mail. Carl was so happy, he put it together and hung it up outside (under his Christmas lights) before he had a chance to do anything else.

Photobucket


Thank you!!!

No comments: