Friday, November 21, 2008

Ohhh the weather outside is (slowly getting) frightening….

They say on the news that we have a cold front coming through. FINALLY! November 21, 2008 and the weather station says today will be in the 50’s and it will be cold for the entire weekend. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! This weekend brings lots of things I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR! YEE!

Twilight premiered in Houston at 12:01 a.m. I am DYING to go, it’s KILLING ME….lol. However, if you know me in the slightest, or you care to know a little more, you know I am a TOTAL WEENIE. I got scared at Pirates of the Caribbean. (Who was it that got a fat lip, you or me, Tone?) Anyhow, Carl is working and I am too afraid to attempt Twilight alone in a matinee. I would end up grabbing a stranger 2 rows back. Or something like that. So I have to wait an entire week! Carl is off work Thurs., Fri., and Saturday so we will go then. It will, hopefully, be less crowded anyway. Is Thanksgiving a busy day for theatres?

Ketchup! From Tuesday; I have decided to make the tamales for some moo-lah after all. I made 100 tamales and Carl sold 8 dozen! After he distributed them at work, tamales were apparently the buzz during lunch and Carl has sold another 9 dozen so I am going to be attached to the kitchen table for the remainder of the day. Elbows deep in masa, corn husks and Carne. The first time was Freddie Krueger style sheer terror. Broken down, it was mighty tough. I blame my tamale innocence. Last batch was difficult but not unbearable since I sort of had a method going on. Today, well, today I feel as if I can become the tamale zen master. I plan to conquer these tasty little treats. We’ll call it Dim Sum de Mexico. (Chinese: Dim Sum = Tasty Little Treat. Spanish: de Mexico = of Mexico) AHHHH! It just hit me like a V8 commercial hand on the forehead! What about Dim Sun de Mexico as a Tamale company name!!! I love it! I’m 50% Chinese, so I think it will work!!! Hmmm. Do you think that’s a plausible name for a jewelry shop too? I might have to make it Dim Sum de New Mexico though. Since my Spanish roots are from New Mexico. Is that too much verbiage for the mouth? Oooooh. Tell me whatcha think, please!

Topics:

check mark Pictures, Images and Photos YAY! It’s getting cooler out here.

check mark Pictures, Images and PhotosTamales

check mark Pictures, Images and PhotosI’m a wuss at kids movies.

And last but not least:

check mark Pictures, Images and Photos Jewelry for sale.

I am working on several pieces to go on sale sometime in 2009. I (still) need to research Etsy or an independent website, PayPal and whatever else I might need…. I have been working on my “Twilight” inspired series.
Photobucket

After “Rosalie”, ideas have been flitting around. Some of the pieces are inspired by the 4th book and I hate to ruin it for at least 2 people I know that are still working on getting through the 3rd, so it will be on hold for a little while, at least. (OK ladies, now you have a challenge. Until you get them read, “Twilight” collection is on hold for review!!! LOL.)

That’s all for now. Have a terrific weekend!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hate cold weather! But then again it's 3 degrees here :(

I love reading about your tamale adventures.