Sunday, November 9, 2008

A little New Mexico in Texas

We had Rosie's Green Chile Enchiladas last night for dinner, Ohhhhh My. I put "Rosie's" in front of it because I put a little spin on the traditional recipes that float around. It was very yummy and hope that it will be a favorite of yours as well! It's very easy and worth the time spent making it!

Rosie's Green Chile Enchiladas


Photobucket


Ingredients:

2 cups Shredded Chicken Breast(Approx. 1 Chicken breast boiled and shredded)
2 small cans of diced Green Chiles
2 small cans of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBSP crushed red peppers (If you like it spicy)
8 corn tortillas
4 slices of Swiss Cheese
5 springs of cilantro chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix together chicken, green chiles, soup, milk, garlic powder, salt and crushed red pepper together until well mixed. Spread thin layer of mixture on the bottom of an ungreased 8"x9" pan. Put down a layer or tortillas. Mixture, Tortillas, mixture..etc until you lastly spread a thin layer of mixture on top. Top off with Swiss cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and back for 1 hour. Remove from oven and sprinkle cilantro on top before serving.

Then we had blueberry jello set in martini glasses for dessert! Yummy! I had forgotten how happy jello can make a person. Look how happy Carl was to be enjoying it! LOL!

Photobucket


It was the perfect meal after tackling the cabinets all day...

Before:

Photobucket


After:

Photobucket


Inside peak of spices, baking paraphernalia, herbal teas and cocoas (I LOVE COCOAS!!)
Photobucket


I was a little hesitant to buy these beautiful Pfaltzgraff dishes because I am a total freak about my dishes cupboard. Everything has to line up in pairs and be symmetrical. I would have gotten rid of my white set, however I love to throw dinner parties and I have setting for 16 with the white dish set and Big Lots only had 2 set of Seychelles Green Sea. If Big Lots wouldn't have had these 70.00 sets marked down to 15 BUCKS, I would have never....I blame BIG LOTS! (JK..they're one of my FAVE stores EVER...anywho...) 140.00's worth of dishes for 30.00 is my kind of hot smokin' deal!

Photobucket


Luckily they don't look too cluttered nestled on the opposite side from the white dishes.
Photobucket


OHHHH and before I forget, I got a kick out of finding these while unpacking. They are coconut ceramics I made in art class in HS. I sat with Jeff Casad. We were listening to "If you like Pina Coladas" on the radio which inspired the lime capped coconut duo. Jeff made a penguin...I fund that while packing in NM but once recovered, I will post a pic of that too. Haha. Memories.

Photobucket



2 comments:

Toni said...

Oh Rosie.. I miss your cooking!!
xo
Toni

Lisa said...

I'm going to try this recipe! Do you think that it'll be too spicy for Vay? I'm actually making regular chicken enchilidas tonight for dinner. I like your new dishes! Jello makes me happy :)