Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A lot of my favorite things….

I am about to blog about things from weather to tasty inspired desserts! YAY! I hope you’re having as good of a day as I am.

Mood: Severely Thankful


Monday, November 10, 2008



Today it was
may25 Pictures, Images and Photos....


I was so happy because it was the coolest day I have experienced since being in Texas! It was a steady 66 degrees, drizzly and foggy. I LOVE this weather. A lot of people prefer flip-flops and sunny days; I’m all for sunny days but my motto is. “You can always put more clothes on but you can only take so much off before you get arrested.” I’ve enjoyed my flip flop weather but I was going to be mighty sad if I couldn’t wear this great jacket I found at Target last year for $7.00!


Photobucket
(Ya just gotta love Target!)


I do love my flip-flops but I gladly cloaked my feet in my *gasp* Mary Jane flats. (*Usually, I would run a marathon in stiletto sandals if someone would let me.) Why I wore the flats, I couldn’t even explain it, however, I felt like it, so I did. Take a walk in my shoes as I tour you on my Monday….


Photobucket


(P.s. being this short should be a sin.
Look at how much jean leg is pooled around my midget legs!)


As I excitedly snapped a few photos of my jacket, Boscoe looked on. I think he tries to ignore me when I take pictures of myself because he gets this confused look when my cell phone makes the snappy sound…. He strains his neck to the right and then the left.


PhotobucketPhotobucket


After the fake photo shoot, I was off to Wal-Mart to buy the cow some dog food. (I’m not sure if the pricing is the same where you’re at, but I saved a dollar on Boscoe’s Beneful Original 40-pound bag by going to Wal-Mart versus Super Target. I’m a die-hard Super Target fan, otherwise.)

As I perused the super store, I came across something that will change my dessert life for the rest of my BEING!

For Carl, Laura and all you other Pumpkin fans……

Photobucket


Can you read that?! It’s a Jell-O Limited Edition Flavored pudding….. PUMPKIN SPICE!

I pondered as I wondered….How delicious would look in a Brandy Glass? How tasty with a dollop of cool whip? Sheesh! It hit me like an epiphany! (Definition: a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience....I didn't know what it meant until I looked it up a month ago...) But it only got better when I got home and started mixing the Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding with 2% milk…Thus, the Rosie Posie Cheatin’ Puddin’ Pie was born!



Photobucket


OH YES! I did it. I so went there. And if you’re wondering…YES! IT IS GOOD. As I envisioned dousing the pudding with whipped cream, I took it a step further. I know what you’re thinking. She DIDN’T….LOL. I looked for some graham cracker crumbs to sprinkle as a “fake crust” but I was all out. I thought I’d just call Carl and tell him to pick up some Honey Graham but then…it caught my eye! Carl’s cereal!


Photobucket
WOW! If you can find Post Trail Mix Crunch, I highly recommend it for your “fake mini pies”. It’s got toasted almonds, granola and crunchy goodness that compliments the smooth, creamy, pudding goodness! (Let me know if you use anything else, please.)

For Lisa, Toni and all the rest of us Chocolate fans…..


Photobucket



Rosie Posie Cheatin’ Puddin’ Pie
Photobucket

Ingredients:
1 package (Your choice flavored) Pudding
Crunchy topping
Whipped Cream
Fun glasses

Directions:
Make pudding as directed and pour to set in brandy, martini, etc. glasses. Right before serving, sprinkle some crunchy goodness and add dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!

This seriously took 4 minutes prep time tops. 30 seconds to measure milk. 2 minutes to whisk instant pudding. (Minus 5 minutes to set pudding.) 30 seconds to sprinkle cereal and 1 minute to dollop whipped cream. I say 1 minute because I wanted to make sure it was pretty!

Soooooo yummy!

Photobucket Photobucket


Ok. Now that I got that dessert adventure out of the way. (Freakish, I know but I was SO excited to write about this dessert!)

Carl came home from work early! Every year we get into what I like to call the Grinch War. I love Christmas. It is my favorite holiday. It groups up all the things I love. Family, Jesus, Friends, gift giving, twinkling lights, Christmas Trees, baked goods, Turkey, all things good and great! Any who, I decorate before Thanksgiving usually because I like the house to have the warm feeling when we have Thanksgiving dinner. Carl (as everyone else I know) tells me it’s too soon. However, this year I had a good argument. We saw Christmas ads on television. I told Carl that since stores can advertise for Christmas, I can advertise for Christmas! He whole heartedly complied and even strung the lights while Boscoe watched.

Photobucket


Tuesday, November 11, 2008



Veteran Pictures, Images and Photos


Today is Veteran's Day!

I have a lot of loved ones that has, is or going into the service for us, as Americans.

Service [sur-vis]: an act of helpful activity; help; aid: to do someone a service.

Thank you so very much! I know that my life would not be the same without the love and dedication our soldiers have to our nation and to our people. May you feel all the blessings the Lord has in store for you and your family.

It's also mildly drizzly and foggy outside so I get to wear my Lakeside, Ohio sweater. Pretty, pretty, pink, fuzzy sweater!

Photobucket


Well, this must have been the longest post in blog history. Again, I hope you try the dessert. Thanks for reading! Love, me.

P.S. Make sure to say a little prayer and thank Heavenly Father. Life is good and He allows it! Godspeed to you and your family to have a blessed day!

Prayer Pictures, Images and Photos


3 comments:

tonya said...

I, too am a bit on the short side and my jeans pool all the time!
I'm 4'10...and a half to be exact!!
I'm thinking we should start one of those purse trade things...except we should do it with our much loved yet seldom if ever worn/used items!! Considering I have no vertically challenged friends and they don't understand the whole jean pooling thing :(

Laura said...

YUM-O!! Pumpkin spice Jello! I'm tempted to get in the car and go to the store RIGHT NOW to see if they have it! I will have to try the tasty treats you made with it too :)

Loved reading your long post! AND Justin and I get into the Grinch wars too. He says I have too much "crap." But after he moans for a bit, he happily hauls it all out of the attic for me! He might help string the lights, but I'm too much of a perfectionist... I don't want anyone else doing it but ME! Te, he!

Enjoy your weather there!

Lisa said...

I love that $7 Target coat! And your flats! I'm wearing similiar ones today...I'll have to send you a pic :)

I don't even want to think about putting up my tree this year or Christmas. Just call me Scrooge :)

I'm jealous of your nice weather...it's freezing here!