Monday, November 17, 2008

I feel like Buster Poindexter…"So we go rum-bum-bum-bum…Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot…"

WOW!
It was a great but I have to tell ya: busy, busy little renegade bee! I’m glad for the week to start because it’s like a vacation from the weekend!

Friday

Funny story:
Once upon a time there was this girl named Rose. She loves the cooler days and looked outside to find a cloudy, overcast day. She had a big day ahead of her so she excitedly hopped out of bed and ran right into her closet! She looked around and gently ran her right hand across the tops of her many soft sweatshirts, long sleeved blouses and sweaters. She settled on a maroon sweatshirt over layered tank tops. (She loves cold weather: she loves layers!) How happy to be in long sleeves again!

Photobucket


When Rose goes outside and gets into her car, she starts to drive down the road when it starts to feel a little warm. A few seconds later she starts to feel slightly warmer. Windows come down, what is it that she smells? A clear crisp, warm November day! She looks up from the thermostat (that reads 78) to see her neighbor staring at her, with bewilderment (Most likely since she’s in layers and a sweater), in his gym shorts and short sleeved shirt….. NO WORRIES! Rose sticks to her guns and continues to Wal-Mart. While at the Supercenter, she sees sandals, sun dresses and tank tops. Then she starts to sweat a little. No pun, seriously sweat. Cause it was friggin’ hot!
The end.

After I got home from Wal-Mart I put groceries away. Boscoe and I also had a fetch-a-thon in the back yard. He crashed on the floor while I swept and mopped the foyer, kitchen and kitchen nook. I started spaghetti sauce and vacuumed the floor. Did laundry and put away dishes.

Photobucket

While unpacking, I found my beads! I made this necklace after the dishes were done and put away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday

All day I worked on homemade Tamales and Tamale Sauce! It was a long hard road (NO WONDER PEOPLE USUAL MAKE IT A BIG FAMILY PRODUCTION!) but it was totally worth it! I made red chile sauce from dried chile pods Friday night. Into the crock pot with pork roast and beef roast. I also soaked pinto beans overnight. I let the meat stew for several more hours more on Saturday (16 hours cook time total. Sooooo very tender and juicy!)while getting the masa and corn husks ready…. Fast forward after six hours of rolling tamales by myself… Carl came home and helped with the last 7-8. (We made about 40-50.) Here is Carl rolling tamales. (I forgot to take pictures of myself…a first! LOL.)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a batch cooking. I was steaming Tamales until 11:45 P.M.!

Photobucket

Here is a complete plate with frijoles and arroz!

Photobucket

I got the signed seal of approval from Edgar and Leo (Carl’s friends that are from Mexico!) today when Carl took them to work. *Update: Carl just told me that them tamales have been requested for sale by Ramsey and Raul, a dozen for $10.00.... I gotta think about this one.

Daddy and Bubsy after a long hard day of tamale making:

Photobucket

The jewelry bug bit me, so I made these necklaces within the course of the day too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Found this in the camera and it was entirely too cute to leave in my hard drive:

Photobucket

Sunday

Got up early, put Tex-Mex-Chili ingredients into a pot, went to church, met a lot of really great people, came home, ate tamales for lunch, swept and vacuumed, put away dishes, re-loaded dish washer, played with some beads, couldn’t get my jewelry mojo on, put away dishes, researched tortilla recipes, went back to church to meet with Bishop for Tithing Settlement meeting, came home, made homemade tortillas, ate chili, did dishes, watched Desperate Housewives, went to bed.

I wanted to blog about so much this weekend but I a tee-widdle-bit pre-occupied! Hope you guys are having a perfect day! See ya tomorrow.
Love,
Me

1 comment:

Thaomee said...

Mmmm....your tamales looked so delicious! Wish you were still here to show me how to make some. I'm getting hungry just looking at them.

Your necklaces are just beautiful! You should really consider selling them on Etsy.