Monday, July 14, 2008

How to cook when you have "nothing"

Not often do I find myself with "nothing" to do. I am usually on the go-go-go. One of my downfalls....with that being said, I took this weekend to do NOTHING and have today off, in which I plan to do nothing. I am afraid this makes me sound lazy but OH WELL. I have been eating frozen chicken nuggets because that's almost the only thing in the fridge/freezer. I keep wanting to go to the grocery store but then I remember what I have to do these next two days and that it nothing! Which puts my taste buds in a semi bad mood because I like chicken nuggets but not THAT much. So I wanted to share a throw together recipe that turned out quite nice! It's nothing special, I'm sure everyone has made a rendition of this home-style feel good food before, but I was happy with the way it turned out and only wish my sister-in-law Kim could be here to take a picture of it, because she can make ANYTHING aesthetically alluring.

Cheesy-Tuna-Ghetti

Photobucket

Ingrediants:
Spaghetti Noodles
1/2 cup milk
2 TBSP Butter or margarine
5 slices of pasteurized cheese product (Kraft or off brand orange-yellow cheese)
1 can drained tuna
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook noodles according to package (al dente). Add butter, cheese, and milk. stir until creamy. Flake tuna into noodles and add salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

tonya said...

YES! We call it "slop"!!
It looks gross but really not that bad,huh?!