Friday, July 18, 2008

Do tastebuds change?

I finally went to the grocery store! I was buying all kinds of goodies when I ran into a good friend of mine.

*Cue music...Duhn-ta-da-dahhhhh*

THE PATIO MEDIUM SPICY BEEF AND BEAN BURRITO!
burrito
Now, I don't know how people in other regions of the U.S. of A. feel about these but to me they are little morsels of late night, QuickTrip gas station, artery clogging, high school memories! Seeing this little package takes me back to 2-liters of Mountain Dew that I would drink from a straw, juggling a burning hot Patio Burrito in hand, chasing boys in cars on Main Street in Winfield, Ks.

One of my favorite places to be was at Scott Kent's house because dad and Uncle Joe bought these by the cases and had them readily stashed in the freezer in the garage.

Ahhhh...memories.

Too bad they sort of taste gross to me now, 10 years later...at least it took me back to the good ol' days. If you ever had an adventure that the Patio Burrito starred in, I suggest you go buy one at your local Dillon's, Smith's, Kroger or Super Wal-Mart. I wouldn't recommend you eat it, but it's a cheap $0.37 time capsule.

Have a great day and thanks for tuning in!

No comments: