Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm so glad for the work week..the weekend got me!



It was non-stop and I was on the go-go-go... It was rather eventful (more like tragic) but I plan to focus on the positive highlights of the weekend!

It started off Friday when Monica and I went furniture shopping. We didn't find a bedroom set, but I did send a mobile post about the iron horse we found. I didn't bring it home but I did name her Bessie. I should like to visit her on occasion. I'm not sure who will take her home with them, with a $1,200 price tag. I think you might be able to buy a pony for that same price!
Saturday I attempted to stay married by overseeding, fertilizing, watering, watering and watering the grass, again. I forgot to take a picture of the backyard but I wasn't aware of the seed-sprayer spreader in the garage so I tossed seed out of the bag like fairy dust...there are bright green patches in the backyard. It looks like a calico cat pattern...




While I have been suckin' up the testosterone through a wide-mouthed straw...I decided to try my luck at being a handyman. I have worked along side my dad and a few friends in Albuquerque with a hard hat and a tool belt before...


*Arg-hoo-hoo-hoo* Introducing the Chamberlain Whisper Drive Plus
First things, first. I had to lay out all the gizzards:



Put the engine together. Assemble the track and trolley system. Connect both together and run the belt.
I needed to 3/16 drill bit to mount the header bracket. Carl took most of his tools with him, so I decided every handygirl needs a 27- Piece Black Oxide Screwdriving Drill Bit Set..We'll call it a gift :)

Once I was back from my shopping break, I drilled and mounted the header bracket. The spring from the garage door was in the way so I had to prop up the motor on a fabric draped box (Scruffs and scratches do NO ONE any good!)

I always thought 2 handed bench presses were difficult but I'd take a 150 pound set over a one handed, over the head, hoist up an 8 ft ladder anyday! Whew! It's tiring thinking about it! Lol! In any event, upsy-daisies!

I actually got so tired at the end that I didn't take pictures of the actual ceiling mounting, I got drywall sprinkles in my hair and will most likely have whte boogies for days, so I'll just leave it at that! The proudest point was that the instructions said it should take about 13 hours and I was finished in 7! Woo-hoo! The entire event didn't go off entirely without any casualties, hence the thumb blog....I'll save the gory details for my own mind. :)

Last but not least, I was able to find some pretties for my dining room table. What do you think?



No comments: