Wednesday, June 9, 2010

That's what I'm doing these days...

6:30 am - Test blood sugar
8:00 am - Eat brekfast (1 starch, 2 meats)
10:00 am - Test blood sugar
10:30 am - Eat Snack ( 1 Meat, 1 starch)
12:00 pm - Eat Lunch (3 meats, 2 starch, 1 fruit, 2 vegetables, 2 fats, 1 milk)
2:00 pm - Test Blood Sugar
3:30 pm - Eat snack (1 Meat, 1 starch)
7:00 pm - Eat Dinner(3 meats, 2 starch, 1 fruit, 2 vegetables, 2 fats, 1 milk)
9:00 pm - Test blood sugar
9:30 pm - Eat snack (1 meat, 1 starch)

So as you can see, my day basically consists of testing and eating with the gestational diabetes diagnosis. I'm sure that I will soon get used to it but the shock is not wearing off easily. They say you go through 5 stages of grief after finding out. For the love of food, I go through all 5 stages everytime I walk into the grocery store. LOL.

It's not too bad. I just have to remember that it's for Roslynne's health and overall, mine too. That keeps me going. But SERIOUSLY? This schedule does not leave me much time for anything else.

Thus far, Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Fudge Bar Lites are my new summertime favorite. It's so stinkin' hot in Texas that's its the perfect guilt-free chocolate something every pregnant woman is entitled too. I recently bought Russell Stover's Sugar Free Pecan Candies but I eat them. I'm allowed 78g of fat per day and I just can't bring myself to give into a 12g temptation....

No comments: