Friday, May 22, 2009

My favoritest niece...Morgan...

For my favorite neice...Well...The Mexican One Anyway...

A few weeks ago when I was in Ohio, I got to spend quality time with Carl's family. It was a hoot! I think my favorite Morgan story of the year, goes a little something like this:

Spend all day hanging out and being tech-y with Morgan (Previously mentioned, super cool, Caucasian niece.) Playing on my cell phone; showing her how to look up shows on Youtube and text messaging Grandma. (She even started texting my sister!)

After it was time to hit the hay for the hipster, Carl and I went down the street to spend some time with his other sister and her family. Morgan's mom was at work the entire time we spent at her house so she came over to visit for a little while.

And I quote, from Lindsay,"As soon as I got home, Morgan said,'Mom! Rosie is my favoritest aunt in the whole entire world.'...puts finger to chin...'Well, the Mexican one anyway.'"

LOL...WHAT A FUNNY STORY!

So, now that I have jotted down that memory, I wanted to show my "thrift store revival". My SIL, Kim, is very creative and always has the most awesome TSRs! I haven't actually sewn anything since the boxers and bookcase bag (Who DIDN'T make these?) but I have revamped a Halloween costume. This is my second attempt at taking something so-so into something so-fab! (Well, in this case, something down right ugly. I was sort of afraid of the hot pink on black...)


Before Picture

before

Workin' it...

draping process

Finished Product!

finished

I hope she likes it! Ohhhhh happy day! I get to spend time with all the nieces and nephews... Spider Monkeys, Here I come!

No comments: