Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Funny Memory

I just turned 16 & got a 1985 Candy Apple Red 190E Mercedes Benz. To celebrate, I was at Tyson Satterfield & Matt Mangold's house in Winfield w/ Alex Johnstone eating dinner. (Does anyone remember that green 2 story house because age has already erased it from my memory.) Anyhow...so we ate asian lettuce wraps and the gang was dressed up in hawaiin print shirts and karate kid bandanas tied around their foreheads. (SO FUNNY!) The next thing you know, it was time to go home. I'm not sure when, who or how they got downstairs without my noticing but they did! I got in the car, turned on my the engine and blaring on my the radio was Janis Joplin singing "Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz..." Someone snuck down to put the cassette n the player & turned the volume full blast. The end was a recording of a happy birthday message from my favorite 1998 trio. It might not have been a
traditional sweet 16 birthday party but it was definitely sweet! What did you do for your 16th birthday?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! That's what friends are for, right?! :)

Mary Jane said...

um, for my 16th birthday, i'm pretty sure I went on my first real scavenger hunt date with my next door neighbor. We were best of friends and only a couple months apart so we were each others first date. We went with a huge group of friends, and then we came back to a park and had a fun little party. I just remember how awesome my friends were back then, and I can't believe it has been 10 years since HS!