Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lead me...I shall follow



If you have ever bailed out the Braunings by walking our beloved Boscoe...You have most likely experienced the Kite routine. He sees something he likes and takes off: leaving u in the wind. Literally.



So after purchasing the aforementioned "wonder walker"...We sat down and watchedthe instructional dvd.



He sniffed the collar for a few minutes before her grew tired and bored. He slept through the remainder of the dvd...



It wasn't completely successful, he hates anything new so he nose dived straight into the cement and he gave himself quite an abrasion on his cute furry nose. (I was terrified!)

I'm happy to report that today was a much better day! (Yesterday we had 3 nose dives, 12 paw bats to his nose, 2 temper tantrums: 1) Laying down in the field for 3 minutes & 2) alligator rolling in fron of the apartments across the street. I suppose he figured if they thought he was in cardia arrest they might pull the harness from his face?)

Today we only had 1 nose dive, 5 paw bats to his nose, and 1 temper tantrum (He sat on the sidewalk and stared at me for 4 minutes.) before we made it home.

I hate that he nose dives into cement at all, however, the change in our routine has been dramatic! We were 200 yards from deer in th field yesterday and he lunged once. I pulled him back without any fits afterwards. I also able to talk with a fellow dog walker last night for 5 minutes with Boscoe calm at my side. This evening he was pounce free to the mother and toddler who usually look at us like they're afraid to be his dinner! I'll let you know how it ends.

No comments: