Monday, May 12, 2008

Open for discussion:

After spending lots of time with the great debate of No Show Fees for Dr.'s offices (and there is lots to say about it!) I decided to open it up for those whom I take great consideration of their opinions, that's you guys.... Here is a little ditty of what I am sending out to patients not showing up at my office:

Dear _____,

It has been noted in your chart that you have been unable to keep several scheduled appointments with our office. We ask you to show consideration by calling 24 hours in advance if you are unable to keep an appointment. We would like to have the option to offer that appointment to another patient who needs to see the doctor. Please let this letter serve to notify you that if you fail to give us a 24 hour notice of cancellation in the future, there will be a $25.00 cancellation fee billed to your account that cannot be filed to your insurance.

We are concerned that you may not be receiving proper medical care because of these missed appointments. Please call if you are still experiencing problems. We value you as a patient.

Sincerely,

Rose Brauning
Office Manager

Most patients are pretty irate when they are told of a no show fee but I feel that those who don't abuse the system, have no problems with the system. I am also always willing to take things on a case by case baisis but you guys tell me if y'all think I'm a heartless creedant :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost all doctors charge a no show fee. Time is money to a doctor. This is not unfair, particulary after repeated no shows.