Friday, April 17, 2009

Whoa...we party like it's 1999!

We have been very very busy! (We have my sister's laptop working in full force!) Check it out...

***************************************************************

Photobucket

This is the "work bench" we set up for Carl. He hasn't put all of his tools up yet so the peg board looks really bare but he was so excited so I wanted to share it!

******************************************************

Carl got a chance to clean up the front yard and the flower beds in front of the house. He's so good at it!

Photobucket

*******************************************************

Here are the bathroom pictures I have been promising for AGES.

*Before*
(So this is actually a picture of a bathroom similar to mine, we forgot to take before pictures! However, our bathroom had one long giant mirror and it was ALL white, a lot like this one.)

Photobucket

*After*

Photobucket

See the Crown Moulding? (I really need to take a class on picture taking. Anyone giving free lessons?)

Photobucket

I think this is really creative. This was all Carl's idea! He changed the light fixtures and added 2 mirrors! I contributed with the display items and switched out the light switch covers.

Photobucket

Here is a close up of the decorative shelf (From Hobby Lobby for $15 bucks!), sorry it's a little yellow...

*********************************************************

Carl's dad came to visit so they started it off right by going to see the Houston Astros Vs. Celveland Indians:

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then took off to Kemah Boardwalk for a ton of fun! (FYI: If you've never thought of visiting us...you need to plan a trip!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

**************************************************

#15. Plan a surprise birthday party for a friend.

It's been awhile that my attentions have been turned to my 101 in 1001! I'm happy to report that I was not only able to cross off #15 but also have a memorable birthday for our dear friend Josh. (I know you don't read this but in the event you are reading it...WE LOVE YOU JOSH!!!) Doesn't he look totally surprised?!

Photobucket

A little Background... Josh served his church mission in Fiji. I didn't take a lot of pictures but the house was decorated in tiki Luau and we even hung up Fijian words on the curtains in the kitchen! (Thanks MJ, Denella and Lori!) I hope to post more pictures when I collect them from other attendees! The Cake - It's supposed to be a little piece of Fiji...

Photobucket

**********************************************************
And last but not least, for those who didn't know who Lebron James is, he is #23 for the Cleveland Cavaliers (Carl's from Ohio originally) and his Aunt Carol delivered Lebron James' son)...LOL... (He loves that story). Anyhow... He found Lebron James Nike Basketball shoes at Ross for a steller deal. I figured since he wore them around the house until he went to bed, I should blog about it.

Photobucket

************************************************************


Thanks for visiting our little corner of the world wide web! SOrry for the long post, it's been buildin gup for a very long time! Have a fab weekend!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Rose, I love the update! You guys are having way too much fun down there. We need to come visit so I can see your sweet bathroom in person.