Thursday, January 22, 2009

Silence is broken...

Haha. The posting title might only be funny to me, again, I always believe I'm funny this early in the morning!

We have been doing a lot lately!

I am proud (semi-sad) to report that my Christmas decortions are still up. It may be a faux pas but I just can't do it. I was all gung ho to take them down last Sunday evening... The moment passed on the way home from Church. I was nudged again by the spirit at 9:00 p.m. and Carl flat out told me no because he didn't feel like going and getting the boxes out of the attic. *sigh* Another day I suppose. (Not only that but I'm afraid our house is going to be pretty bare after the removal of my fake greenery.)

Things have been going well. I am getting balanced between working in the corporate world again and continuing in search for my inner Domestik Goddess. LOL.

Working at Residential Leasing and Mgmt. is one of the best jobs I've ever had. It can get a little strssful at times and I am NOT looking forward for the first of the month when everyone calls to pay rent, complain about paying rent or not paying rent all together and yells at me for a 3-Day vacate notice... Lucky for me I can transfer to Monica. She handles the "I'm Upset-ers" like a pro! I answer the phone, oversee application transactions, make some people laugh and at the end of the day: I push in my chair and go home. It's so busy but so fun!

I've been really absent from my blog, not to mention, Myspace, Facebook and email but I promise it's for a good cause! I have been working on a different blog. It's all about saving money, being pioneer-ish and healthy-frugal cooking! Above that, the grocery book pricelist, "Hunger Challenge" Cookbook and "From Scratch Fun"! The reason behind this blog is inspiration is from our Relief Society Enrichment night coming up. I read about the Hunger challenge last September(You can find the link to the right) and I was hooked from then on. One Dollar per person per meal. It sounds crazy, almost impossible! Someone even told me that they needed "more than a box of macaroni for dinnr". It's hard to explain but IT CAN BE DONE. I've felt a guided heart to make some meals that have impressed myself (I'm a tough critic). The other thing I've learned is that anyone can do this, some just needs tools. I want to do my part in handing out tools to help my friends and families lives better. SO, with that being said, I will let you know when that blog is published, I'm sure you will figure it out easily enough. My blogging hermit days will be long gone and you'll have to ask yourselves "When is she going to stop?" LOL.

Absent or not, don't be fooled into thinking it's all work and no play. No m'am/sir!

Not only is working at RLM a fun atmosphere (When Shelly isn't "talking loudly"...haha. I love you Shelly!) but I have made some great friends! Monica (Remember, she takes care of the "I'm Upset-ters cause I don't pay my rent-ers") gave us tickets to the Houston Rockets vs. New York Knicks on January 11, 2009! We had a ton of fun! Here was the itinerary:

7:20 P.M. - Totally stoked to be walking into the Toyota Center and checkin gout all th people and feeling so grateful for the opportunity to be there. We looked for our seats and took a few pictures along the way. (Neon lights do NO ONE justice). We were have a boat load of fun! Carl was so excited to have the OK from tightwad (That's me) to buy dinner right there at the concessions stand. I was having a blast too, up to the point that I had to shell out $28.00 for 2 Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches ad Cokes.

Photobucket
I had to keep tellig myself, "I'm letting loose, this is fun! I'm not cooking..." No, my coaching only worked about 90%, howerver, we got to keep the collector's cup....
7:30 P.M. Tip off!

Photobucket
The game below.

9:45 P.M.
Look! Yao Rose Ming!

Photobucket
I had to climb 3 steps up a ladder to take this picture but I didn't care!


So that is us for the past few weeks. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Gosh...sure missed you! But I sounds like you've been busy! Glad to hear the job is going great :) That's always a plus!

Looking forward to the new blog!
Have a great weekend!!