Sunday, September 14, 2008

#68. Makayla’s 1st Birthday Cake

My precious little goddaughter is turning 1 on September 23, 2008!

So we couldn’t very well let her have any ol’ cake for her birthday now could we? (Lucky, for auntie Rose that #68 on my 101 in 1001 also happened to be: Bake/decorate someone's wedding/birthday/special occasion cake.)

I also have nieces and nephews that live in Kansas, Ohio, etc. but I wasn’t with them for their birthdays this year, but bet your bottom dollar, their cakes would be as fabulous if I were there.

Now I have some s’plainin’ to do, and by that I have to tell that I originally started with a decorated cake from Wal-Mart. (Our house in Texas is unknown in damage from Hurricane Ike and this is my last week of work, as well as spending as much time with friends and family in Albuquerque area as possible, makes for a tough one….)

Here is the photo of the cake Kelly (Makayla’s mom) wanted…
Photobucket

Here’s what we ended up with:
(The blank space abov the one is where we will put the birthday candles that spell out "Happy Birthday" in alternating pink and purple letters.)
Photobucket
Here is a picture of the cake right out of the store and the production.

No comments: